Where has everybody gone???

Started by kitten, May 16 06 06:12

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Trollio

[font size="1"]top.[/font]

If you've noticed the new arrivals in the past few days, a trickle of DV-ism has leaked in through a crack in the side wall. Nothing to worry about by itself though, unless it spreads to the point that it infects the behaviour of others already here. After a deeply feeble attempt at trying the master, I decided to lock the beast away when I came here. At times it screams to come out, but then I simply take it for a walk. On DV.

It's amazing how people will behave when they know that a code of behaviour will be enforced.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

Future Canadian

I'd love to post more. I work so much as well as trying to be a decent husband and a father leaves me about an hour or less a day for all computer goof-off time. You cats are lucky that get internet access at work all day (even though you have to sit at a desk all day to do it).
I think it's  funny that our congeniality and cordial debate frightens people off. It seems to say something about people and the internet but I'm not sure what.    
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Gopher

Future Canadian wrote:
I'd love to post more. I work so much as well as trying to be a decent husband and a father leaves me about an hour or less a day for all computer goof-off time. You cats are lucky that get internet access at work all day (even though you have to sit at a desk all day to do it).
I think it's  funny that our congeniality and cordial debate frightens people off. It seems to say something about people and the internet but I'm not sure what.    
 [FONT color=#ff7f00]Maybe they find our niceness intimidating? [/FONT]

[FONT color=#ff7f00]Ah well, as long as we've got each other....[/FONT]
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Moolah!

> Is it the harmony between us all that is scaring people away?  Are we so nice that it makes others uncomfortable?  I've never understood how being friendly and polite could drive people away.

It's not neither the harmony nor the niceness that's driving people away. [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_shy.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A][/DIV]

Moolah!

Typo: "not" not needed above.  

just me

....and so are you going to enlighten.....or just play cat and mouse.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]But Kitten's right....it's become abruptly quiet in here the last week or two.[/div]
I've been preoccupied with a lot of stuff and haven't had as much time to post my ususal nonsense. Things are wrapping up a bit so I'll be back in normal form soon I expect.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

You still have been active on the board.  With 98 members (or thereabouts)  one would expect more contributions from others, but they seem to have faded away.    
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

Hi kitten, TB and tenkani.  

Yeah, I notice that it has been really quiet these days.  :(

How are you all doing?

I'm doing great.  I feel better that I resigned from moderating DV.  Woo hoo.  Reading Mike's comments are always so hilarious.

Check out that thread he posted addressed to Lise and myself with the title:  One last chat....  LOL!  

kitten

Hi, purelife.  I'm glad to see that you resigned.  I don't know how you managed to wade through all that crap every day.  I would never have done it.  It must feel like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders.  Congratulations!

purelife

Hi Kitten,

It sure has.  I don't know why I didn't do this a long time ago.

How are you doing these days?  

kitten

I'm doing pretty well, thanks.  Work is getting a little harder, but it's an income, so no complaints.  How is your job going?

purelife

Getting harder meaning more responsibilites?  I hope that you have some time to relax and get away from stress.  :)

I'm enjoying my job.  :)

Gopher

They seem to be coming  back again, I've just checked and there are currently 6 on line, a vast improvement on 24 hours ago.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Chicklet

I'm still here.  I've been swamped at work but have been checking from time to time.

Gotta run.

Be good.
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

|