What do you least like about yourself?

Started by Gopher, May 15 06 11:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

Perfection is disqualified from the answers.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

My humility in spite of being perfect.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

kitten

This I can't help. It's my one great failing.

Gopher

kitten

Shyness, too.  I cower in fear at the thought of meeting someone new.

Lise

Giving up easily on certain aspects of life. I'm not a fighter at times.... feel that I should have more spunk in my soul.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Are we talking physical or mental because in order to know the mental with me one must know the physical.    
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Lets see I'll start with physical.

I was born with a birth defect commonly known as funnel chest but medically known as pectus excavatum which sadly looks like it runs hereditary in my family. My cousin (girl), her baby, my dad, my uncle and I all have this.  I had surgery for it about 8 years ago. The hole is gone but the self-conscious awareness is still there but now its better thanks to chest hair which has covered up the surgery scares.

Here's a little info on pectus excavatum:

Estimates vary, but pectus excavatum, or funnel chest, is thought to occur in one of every 600 to 2,000 newborns. It is caused by an overgrowth of cartilage between the sternum and the ribs, which causes the bone to turn inward. Only 15% undergo surgery to repair the sunken grooves and concave appearance that mark their bodies, usually for life. Many children will start to experience symptoms around school age, and often they complain of shortness of breath and reduced endurance. Many are extremely self-conscious about their appearance, don't participate in sports, and will not wear bathing suits; boys often refuse to go shirtless. The disorder is twice as common in men than women and can run in families

Now the mental. Already shy that (above) doesn't help. But I'll move on.  Next is my ADD/HD and history of depression.  I'm the smartest kid in the room (or so they say) but I do not apply myself and I tend to give up and hide.  I struggle for will power. Something which my sister doesn't struggle with, its what runs her.

My sister didn't talk until about 2 or hear anything until about 3. Doctors said she could be deaf.  She also has severly learning disabilities something which I never had.  She struggles and struggles to get through school and works until its done and when its done she ends up getting only a C on a paper (although she's got a 3.2 something while I always was around 2.5).  She has come along way. Parents really proud of her and so am I (even if she won't talk to me).  But she has the one thing I'm missing.  And I hate that while I have the one thing she's missing and she hates that (so I've been told).  Could learn a lot from each other but she refuses to talk to me (publicly anyway).

Bottom line: I had the brains but not the will power while she learning processing problems, learning disabilities and so on but runs on only one thing will power.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

What do you least like about yourself?

I despise the fact that I'm not super-handsome and incredibly wealthy. I really, really hate that about myself.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

I wouldn't know about wealthy, but I'm sure that you are being far too modest and really are a modern-day Adonis.

Future Canadian

Too shy and quiet. Too lazy to follow through (or even try) great ideas or skills.  
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

I'm a procrastinator.  I hate this about myself.  I suppose the only saving grace in this 'flaw' is that I never do nothing during the time I'm putting something else off. (if that makes any sense).   But it's still most annoying, because I even recognize BEFORE the fact, that I'm going to procrastinate on certain 'tasks'.

I comfort myself by throwing myself into other tasks, which allows myself to believe that I'm not getting down to business on somethings, because I'M BUSY with other things.....but I know the truth.  (I know how obsure that sounds, but I let it make sense to me)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

I'm the same way.  When there's a task I truly dislike, such as ironing, I'll find a host of other things that I would rather do, and ironing goes to the bottom of the list.  Once I get started, I'm fine, but the setting up beforehand irks me.