Goodbye Will and Grace

Started by Lise, May 15 06 10:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

I used to watch the sitcom but they got boring.... still, I'll miss their presence on TV. Good-bye gang!!!

I remember:

a) when Jack met Cher in his dreams

b) when Grace's fake boobs sprung a leak

c) Matt Damon in the gay chorus

d) Jack stalking Kevin Bacon and Will dancing Foot Loose with him

e) Michael Doughlas had a crush on Will
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Like all sitcoms, they eventually run out of ideas.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I guess eventually all sitcoms must go. Still.... Will and Grace did break the barrier for homosexual comedy everywhere.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

True but to me Will never came off 'gay'.  From the begining I always thought that he'd end up with Grace.

Out of everyone on the show I feel bad for the guy who plays Jack because he's been typecasted.  Saw him in an indie film where he wasn't playing a goofy gay person and it just seemed weird.

Lise

True. That's the thing with playing a character for so long. No one will take you seriously any  more.

Eric McCormick from Dharm and Greg broke that barrier. He's now in Criminal Minds as a profiler.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

The worst is the curse of Superman. Everyone who has put on the outfit has had bad things happen to them or end up hosting a ripley's believe it or not tv show.

George Reeves the orginal superman's death is orginally labeled a suicide but its also been rumored a murder. Was profiled on Unsolved Mysteries (which by the way was the scariest show ever)

Christopher Reeves- couldn't get any more parts in movies and we all know what happend to him

Dean Cain - will he ended up hosting a crappy tv show called believe it or not so you do the math.

Tom Welling - never has put on the suit so he really doesn't count.

Brandon Routh - if the trailers say anything his future is not so bright.

Lise

Yeah, know about the curse of Superman. And you have to wonder why actors still want to play the cape crusader.

BTW, wasn't Superman a concept conceived by a Canadian?
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yep. Truth, Justice and the Canadian way and a farm boy growing up in Saskatchewan moving to the big city Metropolis aka Toronto (this is true, part of Metropolis is based off of Toronto and oddly Cleveland) didn't sound bankable so they changed it to Kansas and America.

Anyway thats my theory most of its a joke at americans but the part about Toronto is true.

Lise

So do you have a fav. superhero, Sportsdude? I mean, other than Trudeau, of course.    
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

LOL.

Yeah I grew up on Adam Wests Batman and Tv show. (love that 60's cheese)

Didn't really get into Superman until Smallville came out. (superman fan boys everywhere shudder)

Cousin was a huge fan of Xmen and Spiderman. Would always play Xmen on Sega he'd be Wolverine and be Cyclops but haven't seen any of the X men movies but this one looks cool.

Only comic book I ever bought was a Mcdonalds local promotion when I was a kid that intertwined with the St. Louis Blues hockey team. Brett Hull of course was the lead hero in it. I forget who the baddies where. (Got to find those). But my dad has or had a bunch of comics from the sixties when he was little.