Oh Shit! Oil's About to go through the roof. Explosion in Nigeria hundreds dead

Started by Sportsdude, May 12 06 07:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

[DIV class=headline]'Dozens die' in Nigeria oil blast [/DIV]Dozens of people are feared dead in an explosion at an oil pipeline near Nigeria's commercial capital, Lagos. "Over 100 people were burnt to death and beyond recognition following the explosion," Nigerian Red Cross head Abiodun Orebiyi told AFP.  Eyewitnesses in Lagos said they had seen thick black smoke rising from a nearby area.  There has been no official confirmation of casualties from the blast, which happened on Atlas Creek island.  [DIV class=bo] There are some reports that the blast may have been caused by people stealing oil from a pipeline - which has led to hundreds of deaths in Nigeria in recent years.  The BBC's Sola Odunfa in Nigeria says Atlas Creek is a small fishing community. Some residents use speedboats to commute from there to Lagos.  The oil pipeline serves the Atlas Cove petrol depot, which supplies to south-western Nigeria.  Nigeria is one of the world's major oil exporters.  Militants have frequently targeted Nigeria's oil industry in the Niger Delta, further to the east.  

[/DIV]
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Trollio

[[span style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0); font-weight: bold;"]extreme[/span] sarcasm alert]

Oh no, they're just Africans. Hasn't Darfur taught you that their lives are meaningless to fluctuations in the global economy?

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

Sportsdude

Hey now, you're starting to sound like the crazy fools on the yahoo discussion boards.  

kitten

Well, it was sarcasm, Sportsdude.  And since the oil companies can make a profit from these deaths, they will without hesitating.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

So was my comment. If you ever want to be appauld go to yahoo and click on a news story scroll to the bottom and if it says discuss on it that leads you to there disgrace of a message board thats full of hate and trolls.  Makes DV look like Preschool.  

kitten

Isn't it amazing how many idiots are in the world!  And they BREED!!!

Chicklet

Holy crap! I have never been on Yahoo\'s message boards.  What a hate filled place, I was shocked.  I can\'t believe Yahoolet\'s that crap on their site.  Well, actually...
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

kitten

You've given me a good reason not to even bother going there.  That sort of stupidity really upsets and annoys me.

tenkani

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

So tenkani you know about those message boards too. Sad isn't. They do have a filter option but you have to have a yahoo account to activate it but still crap feeds through it.
Yahoo is the worst I've seen
Imdb's George W Bush and Farenheit 911 boards used to be really bad but its been toned down considerablely.
Next worst is thatsracin.com message board with toyota going into nascar the good ole boys come out in force on that site
The Sternfannetwork had death threats on it and people were arrested.
Then there is DV.
So really in the world of Message Boards DV isn't that bad unless your Kristin Kreuk or her innocent sister.