NJ lawmaker sets record for stupidity

Started by TehBorken, May 11 06 10:37

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[h3][font style="font-weight: normal; font-family: Verdana;" size="2"]It doesn'tget too much dumber than this. I know, I know- think of the children. Err, I mean the terrorists. Yeah, that's the ticket- it'll stop terrorists from, ah, something or other.[/font][/h3][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][h3]NJ lawmaker wants to criminalize taking pix of power-plants         [/h3]A lawmaker in New Jersey is pushing a bill that would make it a crime to photograph or videotape power plants, sewage facilities, etc. [blockquote]The state Senate Law and Public Safety Committee is expected to discuss a bill today which would make it a crime -- punishable by up to 18 months in jail -- to photograph, videotape or otherwise record for an extended period of time a power generation, waste treatment, public sewage, water treatment, public water, nuclear or flammable liquid storage facility, as well as any airport in the state. At the very least, it will allow law enforcement officials across the state to detain the individual or confiscate any recorded materials to further their investigation, according to state Sen. Fred Madden, D-4 of Turnersville, who is the bill's sponsor. [/p][/blockquote]  [a href="http://www.nj.com/news/sunbeam/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1147335696312460.xml&coll=9"]Link[/a]  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

I just don't know what's wrong with me.....I almost never want to photograph a sewage plant.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Only almost never? For what reasons do you make exceptions?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
I just don't know what's wrong with me.....I almost never want to photograph a sewage plant.

Good, because they want to be able to put you in jail for it. It's beyond stupid- a law like this is  downright creepy.

Trollio

And with that, the United States takes one step closer to the state of human rights in other great democracies like North Korea.  
one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

P.C.

Gopher wrote:

Only almost never? For what reasons do you make exceptions?

I can't think of ANY.....but I almost never say never.[img height=15 src="http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/mgcheerful.gif" width=15][/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

tenkani

And with that, the United States takes one step closer to the state of human rights in other great democracies like North Korea.  

You hate our freedom.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

kitten

Well, now that you mention it........................
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

TehBorken

He looks so damn lifelike. It's eerie.

kitten

Just like him.  The mouth runs constantly, but he's not saying anything.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

A running mouth? Hmm, at that point dribble turns to drivel.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

He looks so damn [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]lifelike[/SPAN]. It's eerie.   Yeah, you can't even see the strings!    

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Chicklet

It's not that type of puppet tenkani.  It's the kind you shove your hand up the ass.
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

Sportsdude

Well he can keep talking as far as I'm concerned because with his poll numbers below 30% now this means more donkeys in congress and less fat elephants.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."