OMG, Superman Returns is going to blow big chunks

Started by Sportsdude, May 03 06 06:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

[A href="http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/supermanreturns/trailer2/large.html"]http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/supermanreturns/trailer2/large.html[/A]

WARNING VERY CAMPY
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

What have they done to Superman???!!!!!

TehBorken

Sportsdude wrote:
What have they done to Superman???!!!!!

For whatever reason, I don't appear to have sound this morning....and I think I'm lucky.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

Even without the sound you were able to see the trailer, right?

Its a complete rehash of Superman I with Lois having a kid and a Pre-Crisis Lex Luthor who just wants to create a giant land mass for himself. (yawn). When June 30th rolls around I'll be popping in my Smallville dvd's and watch a real Lex Luthor not this campfest monstrosity.

Chicklet

Are you guys really all that surprised?  Hollywood has lost just about all of it's originality.  I'm not even sure why they bothered with this one. *sigh*
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

TehBorken

Sportsdude wrote:
 Its a complete rehash of Superman I with Lois having a kid and a Pre-Crisis Lex Luthor who just wants to create a giant land mass for himself.

In that case I'll just stay home, throw up in a garbage can, and save the $12.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

Chicklet wrote:
Are you guys really all that surprised?  Hollywood has lost just about all of it's originality.  I'm not even sure why they bothered with this one. *sigh*
 [FONT color=#40007f]They bothered because they couldn't be bothered not to.[/FONT]
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Future Canadian

I don't know what y'all are expecting from a superhero movie. I personally enjoyed the trailer. Anything by Brian Singer (and with Kevin Spacey to boot) should be worth watching, especially if your looking for a popcorn-munching action flick with a decent story.  
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others