Live Bald Eagle Webcam

Started by Lise, Apr 28 06 03:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Babies are here! Babies are here! Hurry for the proud parents. Makes me feel like a grandmama. Watch live feed of bald eagle here. Be patient though as download may take awhile.

[A href="http://forum.hancockhouse.com/staticpages/index.php/20060323091954727"]http://forum.hancockhouse.com/staticpages/index.php/20060323091954727[/A]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

ive been watching this for about a month now. it is actually pretty exciting now that there is some action. every time i tune in, all i see was an eagle just sitting there doing nothing but im looking forward to watching it feed its youngings.

P.C.

That was a bitter sweet story about the fellow that set this up......watched it on the News tonight.   I was surprized to hear he died last year.  Seeing the clips of him in his joy, when he watched the eggs hatching a couple years ago was very touching.

Amazxing.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Flinched from a contributor from DV. So sad.

Current Status

Sad News:

April 30, 2006

Eagles and conservation have been the joy and occasional sadness of my life. This is a sad moment. It appears that the Hornby Island bald eagle eggs are infertile. The first egg should have hatched April the 26 and the second egg today. The first embryo, if it developed at all, is surely dead. The second embryo, could still hatch but I cannot see the proper pipping of the egg shell, where the chicks beak has broken through enabling it to draw in air, the precursor to the final struggle for hatching. It does not look good for this pair this year. In fact this is the second year of failure for this nest territory.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

It doesn't look good.

Where in BC is the eagle's nest located?

Chicklet

Hornby Island.  One of the smaller Islands on the inside passage on the way to Vancouver Island.
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

Sportsdude

Chicklet

'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani