Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

tenkani

I'm picturing it. Wow.

As far as the starlings...

[A href="http://www.absolutebirdcontrol.com/ultrasonic.htm?ABS=shopping"]http://www.absolutebirdcontrol.com/ultrasonic.htm?ABS=shopping[/A]

LOL. I'm highly dubious    

My yard is shaded as well. I'd love to do vegetable gardening this summer but I keep hearing my babies would need 6 hours plus a day of sunlight and that's NOT going to happen.

The weather in my neck of the woods tends to be foggy and cool with a coastal breeze. Naturally, the plants I prefer want full sun  *heavy sigh*
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Gopher

To Tenakani:

Interesting. My conditions also tend to be cool (temperatures very rarely exceed 75), but not so much breezy as ultra-windy. Rain is never a problem. Just 'measured' out the garden, it's got circa 376 sq ft of growing area.

A murmeration of starlings is something to behold, the plague usually starts in late summer evenings and lasts about three months. The sky darkens, the birds wheel and spiral as they gather strands of about four flocks together and then descend like a parachute invasion. I spend these evenings banging dustbin lids and anything else available which can create a loud din: this usually succeeds in scaring them away - for a very few minutes (i.e. they fly off to the roofs of neighbouring houses, telephone wires etc., gaze at me malevolently and - when I've finished the banging -  swoop down again.The noise is incredible, the morning-after smell is vile.I usually end up getting the pest control men to have a look at things, however all they offer is something which they tell me is powerful enough to mask the smell of rotting corpses.

To Kitten:

The sausages for a toad in the hole are best done in the oven. I ate my t.i.t.h. alongside mashed potatoes and broccoli - hence it was a sophisticated version of bangers and mash.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

I thought that oven-cooked sausage would be best, too.  I think it gets rid of more grease that way, and I try to elimate as much fat as possible from my diet.  *except when I have gravy!*   Your garden sounds lovely, with the exception of the starlings.  To think they were imported because some gentleman missed the sounds of  dear old England!  Not the best idea ever.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Not many starlings there at present thank heaven, they're too busy feeding their young.

I meant to ask you before if you have ever wondered whether or not you've actually met anyone on this forum without knowing it? It's a strange thought, isn't it?

Another 7 replies that this thread becomes a VERY hot topic - just think, it's your very own too!.    

Chicklet

I think Kitten deserves to be 'VERY' hot.

This is my contribution.  Add one more to the count. ;D
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

Gopher

Chicklet wrote:

[FONT color=#0000bf]Just between the two of us Chicklet, I think that Kitten's a towering inferno of womanhood.[/FONT]

kitten

Gopher wrote:
 Not many starlings there at present thank heaven, they're too busy feeding their young.

[FONT color=#00007f]All the more to descend on you later on.  I imagine you are eagerly anticipating the new arrivals with stick and drum in hand.  It is my understanding that a sheet of aluminium works well as a noisemaker.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#00007f][/FONT]

I meant to ask you before if you have ever wondered whether or not you've actually met anyone on this forum without knowing it? It's a strange thought, isn't it?

[FONT color=#00007f]At one time I thought I might have, but then I realized the location was in the wrong area.[/FONT]

Another 7 replies that this thread becomes a VERY hot topic - just think, it's your very own too!.

[FONT color=#00007f]I am truly awestruck by this.  Thank you for this legacy.[/FONT]    

Chicklet

Gee Kitten. You sure do have a complimenatry admirer.  Lucky girl.
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

kitten

Chicklet wrote:

[FONT color=#7f007f]WHO, ME?????  You're kidding, right?[/FONT]

[FONT color=#7f007f]Thank you so much.  *curtsying prettily*[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf]Just between the two of us Chicklet, I think that Kitten's a towering inferno of womanhood.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#7f007f]Not quite.  I'm more a 5' pile of cold ashes.  But thank you very much.[/FONT]

kitten

Chicklet wrote:
Gee Kitten. You sure do have a complimenatry admirer.  Lucky girl.
   [FONT color=#00007f]Gopher is a kind gentleman.  Kindness is a trait to be admired in this cruel world.[/FONT]

Chicklet

One more to make Kitten 'VERY' hot.

Done!

tenkani

When I think of Gopher I think of James Bond.

Played by Sean Connery, of course    

P.C.

I too will add the teh 'Hottness' for Kitten....and I think I will even try to contribute.

For a garden with little sun....a tiny patch will produce a plethora of  potatoes in a space not bigger than the diameter of a large plastic garbage pail.  Start with six inches of soil in the bottom of a new garbage pail (that you have drilled some drainage holes in)....place seed potatoes evenly spaced on the soil......add soil to cover, plus 2 inches more.  Water.  When the 'sprout' is 2 to 3 inches high....cover with soil again, plus 2 inches.....etc.

Each time you 'smother' the new growth, it sends it's runners out sideways.  Continue through the summer, until 6 inches from the top of the pail, and let the plant 'mature'.  Late September, early October....dump the pail, and pluck the lovely treasures from the soil. Incredible yeild in the tiniest of spaces.  (great for apartment dwellers with a sunny balcony too)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

tenkani

Just a word of warning, eating potatoes that are not fully mature can KILL YOU

P.C.

Potatoes that have become exposed above the surface of the soil, causing a 'green' potato are not healthy...you're absolutely correct.  You should wait until the leaves of the plant become yellow and begin to die.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|