Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Gopher wrote:
   .[FONT color=#40007f] If you ever come across it, give :'Mary, dear Mary' a try[/FONT] [FONT color=#40007f](by Jenny Melmoth)[/FONT][FONT color=#40007f], I'm sure you'd like it; [FONT color=#40007f]it's[/FONT] comprised of letters from a cat who has recently moved homes: she writes incessantly to her previous owner. I read it about two months ago, just about the most LOVING book concerning animals that I've ever come across.[/FONT] . [FONT color=#40007f]I thoroughly agree, and what's more with a book you can cast your own characters and arrange the background scenery to that which pleases you most.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f][/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]This sounds like a "must-read".  Thank you so much for steering me toward it.[/FONT]

Roll on my third childhood (I'm already in my second).

I meant to reply to that comment and got sidetracked.  Considering the fact that I attended at Methuselah's birth,  I believe I've lost track of the time.  This must be my seventh or eighth childhood by now.

[FONT color=#40007f]. I persevered, despite the fact that my opinion never coincided with the teaching[/FONT].  [FONT color=#40007f]However, try the one below:[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]Call me not man, for man I would not be[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]If in the name of man I - man - preclude[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]The joys of nature from the sovereignty[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]Of my delight, and trade the fragile mood[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]Of innocence for knowledge, love for lust,[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]And leave the vastbness of ghe poetic wild[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]For prosaic-pretty gardens. Though I must[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]Run with the years, let me remain a child.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]If not in body, then within my heart,[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]Let childhood be the compass of my days,[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]And fill my soul with every glorious part[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]Of this so lovely world: let all my ways[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]Mix with the budded charm of youth and spring:[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]Child I was born, and to that state I cling.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#40007f]Salve atque vale![/FONT]

It is very well put, and a lovely thing to read.  Again, my thanks to you.  I would not like to cling to childhood, but to be able to experience that innocence and wonder at the newness of the world, even for a brief period of time.....that would indeed be a good thing.

Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

kitten wrote:
Gopher wrote:

.[font color="#40007f"] If you ever come across it, give :'Mary, dear Mary' a try[/font] [font color="#40007f"](by Jenny Melmoth)[/font][font color="#40007f"], I'm sure you'd like it; [font color="#40007f"]it's[/font] comprised of letters from a cat who has recently moved homes: she writes incessantly to her previous owner. I read it about two months ago, just about the most LOVING book concerning animals that I've ever come across.[/font] . [font color="#40007f"]I thoroughly agree, and what's more with a book you can cast your own characters and arrange the background scenery to that which pleases you most.[/font]
[font color="#40007f"][/font]
[font color="#40007f"]This sounds like a "must-read".  Thank you so much for steering me toward it.[/font]
[font color="#40007f"][/font]
Roll on my third childhood (I'm already in my second).

I meant to reply to that comment and got sidetracked.  Considering the fact that I attended at Methuselah's birth,  [font color="#ff0000"](was it an easy delivery?)[/font] I believe I've lost track of the time.  This must be my seventh or eighth childhood by now.[font color="#c00000"] [/font]
[font color="#c00000"][/font]
[font color="#40007f"] I persevered, despite the fact that my opinion never coincided with the teaching[/font].  [font color="#40007f"]However, try the one below:[/font][/div] [font color="#40007f"]Call me not man, for man I would not be[/font][/p] [font color="#40007f"]If in the name of man I - man - preclude[/font][/p] [font color="#40007f"]The joy of nature from the sovereignty[/font][/p] [font color="#40007f"]Of my delight, and trade the fragile mood[/font][/p] [font color="#40007f"]Of innocence for knowledge, love for lust,[/font][/p] [font color="#40007f"]And leave the vastness of the poetic wild[/font][/p] [font color="#40007f"]For prosaic-pretty gardens. Though I must[/font][/p] [font color="#40007f"]Run with the years, let me remain a child.[/font][/p] [font color="#40007f"]If not in body, then within my heart,[/font][/p] [font color="#40007f"]Let childhood be the compass of my days,[/font][/p] [font color="#40007f"]And fill my soul with every glorious part[/font][/p] [font color="#40007f"]Of this so lovely world: let all my ways[/font][/p] [font color="#40007f"]Mix with the budded charm of youth and spring:[/font][/p] [font color="#40007f"]Child I was born, and to that state I cling.[/font][/p] [font color="#40007f"][/font] [/p] [font color="#40007f"]Salve atque vale![/font][/p] [div]It is very well put, and a lovely thing to read.  Again, my thanks to you.  I would not like to cling to childhood, but to be able to experience that innocence and wonder at the newness of the world, even for a brief period of time.....that would indeed be a good thing.[font color="#ff0000"] Oh yes, keep the wonder alive at all times - I'm sure it's the secret of life. It's possible to do it for fairly long stretches, however all too ofter the 'everyday' gets in the way i.e.you can find yourself in a trance of wonder and then suddenly become aware of the time. I'll do my best  to achieve at least an hour of it today, - shouldn't be too hard, it's May, it's warm, and I'm feeling on top of the world.[/font]
[font color="#ff0000"]I wonder if anyone will else will make an entry on this thread???....[/font]

[/div]
 [div]
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Gopher wrote:
:
   .  Considering the fact that I attended at Methuselah's birth,  [FONT color=#ff0000](was it an easy delivery?)[/FONT] I believe I've lost track of the time.

No, it wasn't an easy delivery.  The midwives kept trying to push him back..   But he persevered and won in the end.  [FONT color=#c00000][/FONT]

.[FONT color=#ff0000] Oh yes, keep the wonder alive at all times - I'm sure it's the secret of life. It's possible to do it for fairly long stretches, however all too ofter the 'everyday' gets in the way i.e.you can find yourself in a trance of wonder and then suddenly become aware of the time. I'll do my best  to achieve at least an hour of it today, - shouldn't be too hard, it's May, it's warm, and I'm feeling on top of the world.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#ff0000][/FONT]

[FONT color=#ff0000]I envy you the ability to achieve such inner balance.  I seem to encounter so many interruptions, from the morning paper to the job, and there is so much unhappiness.  It is difficult to keep a happy spirit when you are surrounded with despair.  It gives me another reason to excape into books and disconnect myself from the real world.  And thinking of work, I must get ready to engage my brain and prepare for the worst. I must go and earn my cat food now.   And catnip.........mustn't forget catnip![/FONT]

[FONT color=#ff0000]I wonder if anyone will else will make an entry on this thread???....[/FONT]

[FONT color=#ff0000]So do I.  It has had some readers so perhaps somebody will join in.[/FONT]

Another thought.  When I answer something you have written in red, my print automatically turns red.  I wonder what causes that.

Gopher

I've no idea, but I've found the same: if things work according to plan, this time you'll be in black

kitten

Gopher wrote:
 I've no idea, but I've found the same: if things work according to plan, this time you'll be in black[/DIV]
 You are right, it is black.  When I see red, it makes me think of paying bills!  

After rushing around most of the day, I have found great joy in just sitting down and relaxing.  Yet another of life's small pleasures.  Has your day gone well?

Gopher

Went my day well? Yes - although I forgot to leave myself a ten minute space to just sit back and enjoy all that was around me (something I've also not yet done today, although when I think of it I spend so much time day dreaming) that I probably don't need 'special spaces). Today goes well too, even better. Reason being that after today I'm off until Sunday - all in all it's been a great week, only three days at work (thanks to having had two off to make up some overtime I did earlier in the year). Otherwise, I plan some gardening, beer-drinking and reading (in that order).

And you? What have you purred about?

P.S. Please note: this thread has now attained hot topic status!  

tenkani

Tell me about the gardening, please.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Gopher

Are you REALLY interested - in cutting lawns, weeding, cutting-off dead flowers, making sopaces for new growth, germinating seeds etc.

Gopher

tenkani wrote:
 Tell me about the gardening, please.

It's a more natural pursuit than that primitive mystery  (or is it a rite?) which seems so beloved by so many of the undiscerning.

Are you really interested in cutting lawns, weeding, cutting off dead flowers, sustaining a compost heap and watching spending hours waiting for yet another seed to germinate?

Incidentally, welcome third poster on this thread!

kitten

Gopher wrote:
 Went my day well? Yes - although I forgot to leave myself a ten minute space to just sit back and enjoy all that was around me (something I've also not yet done today, although when I think of it I spend so much time day dreaming) that I probably don't need 'special spaces). Today goes well too, even better. Reason being that after today I'm off until Sunday - all in all it's been a great week, only three days at work (thanks to having had two off to make up some overtime I did earlier in the year). Otherwise, I plan some gardening, beer-drinking and reading (in that order).

Lucky you!  An extended holiday sounds wonderful.   *as my complexion turns a mild shade of green.  A green kitten is an astonishing sight!*

And you?What have you purred about?

I'm very happy because I surprised my older sister with a bouquet of roses for her birthday.  She lives in the Maritimes, and it was fun organizing the surprise for her.

P.S. Please note: this thread has now attained hot topic status! I guess that means that we are very good at corresponding.   I don't really understand why this is labeled a hot topic when we are the only ones contributing here.  Perhaps now we'll start to draw the crowds.  lol

kitten

Yayyy!  Our first "crowd" has reported in.  Gopher, I believe tenkani is studying gardening.

Gopher

kitten wrote:
Gopher wrote:

Lucky you!  An extended holiday sounds wonderful.   *as my complexion turns a mild shade of green.  A green kitten is an astonishing sight!*[FONT color=#ff0000] That, I can well imagine, especially as no doubt your eyes have stayed yellow.[/FONT]

And you? What have you purred about?

I'm very happy because I surprised my older sister with a bouquet of roses for her birthday.  She lives in the Maritimes, and it was fun organizing the surprise for her.

[FONT color=#ff0000]Surprising other people is a great joy - I'm sure that more often we get more joy from it than the person who is on nthe receiving end.[/FONT]

P.S. Please note: this thread has now attained hot topic status! I guess that means that we are very good at corresponding.   I don't really understand why this is labeled a hot topic when we are the only ones contributing here.  Perhaps now we'll start to draw the crowds.  lol

[FONT color=#ff0000]The crowds, in the persona of Gooseberry Tekani are already with us. Now for the force.[/FONT]    

tenkani

Yes, I'm really interested.

I'm studying horticulture, so babble away if you're feeling froggy.

Gopher

Will have to do this at a later date, I've got to get back to work for now. However, I'll certainly tell you something - how about, for example, everything that's in flower at present?  

tenkani

Yes please!!    :)

|