Discovervancouver and Discoverseattle forums

Started by Jolly Green Giant, Apr 22 06 10:38

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Jolly Green Giant

Why is it that the majority of threads on DS is started by just two persons and get little response (the one thread getting a huge response is the stupid but ubiquitous "what's for lunch/dinner" thread), while on DV many different users are starting threads and they are mostly very lively (admittedly, there is more spam as well) ?

kitten

Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

CK

Jolly Green Giant wrote:
  Why is it that the majority of threads on DS is started by just two persons and get little response (the one thread getting a huge response is the stupid but ubiquitous "what's for lunch/dinner" thread), while on DV many different users are starting threads and they are mostly very lively (admittedly, there is more spam as well) ?

DS is starting to pick up momentum. It is more controlled, so the Assclown trolls, comic book guys that live in their parents basement at the age of 35, and 12 year olds skipping school to troll on DV, can't have as much fun on DS.

Jolly Green Giant

kitten wrote:
<DIV>Why does this bother you?</DIV>

Why do you want to know ? :)

Sportsdude

Tehborken finds the weird stuff I like the news.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Jolly Green Giant

Sportsdude wrote:
Tehborken finds the weird stuff I like the news.
----------------------------------------

Sure, Tehborken is apparently DS's official weird stuff finder apart from his being the admin, but as i wrote and someone else in this thread noted : the DS forum is more 'controlled' and maybe this is also why it's much less lively here. The fact that most threads are started by just two people, you and Tehborken, should probably tell you something.

Sportsdude

There's no rule that says me and Tehborken are the only thread starters. Yes its "quiet" in here but that a good thing. After all the skism that happend at DV was all about the community of Lunchers being attacked for being a 'community' here we can continue that 'community' in peace.

kitten

I tend to think of DV as a place for kids, while DS is here for when they grow up intellectually.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

Then I was never really a kid. Hence my longing for the party scene.

Lise

I prefer to think of myself as an addict and worshipper of both forums.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

me too. Except I kinda use DV for my other personas. But they only come out at night. (hehehe)

Jolly Green Giant

kitten wrote:
I tend to think of DV as a place for kids, while DS is here for when they grow up intellectually.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On what grounds to you tend to think this way ? Take one good look at the DV forum, and you will be surprised at the mature and thought-provoking threads you will see. And read again what I remarked about DS.

Jolly Green Giant

Sportsdude wrote:
There's no rule that says me and Tehborken are the only thread starters. Yes its "quiet" in here but that a good thing. After all the skism that happend at DV was all about the community of Lunchers being attacked for being a 'community' here we can continue that 'community' in peace.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Who was talking about a rule ? Is this relevant at all to what I said ? I observed that most threads here are started by just two persons and get little, and often no response at all. To this you reply that "there's no rule that says me and Tehborken are the only thread starters." Rule or no rule, it doesn't matter, it's not relevant.

Besides, what this about a schism at DV ? I am a recent and occasional poster there and know nothing of the inside business, and don't understand why it follows that it's a good thing that this forum is "quiet".

soapbox

DS threads are not  started by "one or two people". i for one have started a few on my own.    

Jolly Green Giant

soapbox wrote:
DS threads are not started by "one or two people". i for one have started a few on my own.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't doubt you did, and there are others who did.
Nevertheless you didn't respond to what I said, as i didn't say that.

Come on !
Did I say DS threads are started by "one or two people" ?

|