Positive Stuff!

Started by greycat, Feb 13 06 05:36

Previous topic - Next topic

greycat

This forum is so refreshing compared to you know where...i am just curious to know what positive things are making everyone happy these daze...i am happy because i am living in Vancouver once again, i love my suite and i start a new job this week!
It is what it is.

tenkani

Nice idea for a thread.

I'm happy because someone close to me is getting over a serious illness and is waking up to a whole new life.

I'm happy because, as you said, DS is a breath of fresh air in the stinking slaughterhouse that is the Intarweb. I'm happy because I made a new friend that has made me laugh and see the world in a different way.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

greycat

Thats great about your friend getting over a serious illness. What is your story Tenkani? You always have such interesting and insightful posts...how old are you? What do you do for a livin etc.? I know you probably wont give out any details, just thought i would let you know that i always enjoy reading your posts!
It is what it is.

Sportsdude

Sorry to ruin the thread but I can't think of anything postive at the moment. I'm Debbie Downer in male form. Except I'm more extreme.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

I'm very happy that I have a computer and can communicate with all you wonderful people.

And cheer up, Sportsdude,  Things will improve as time goes on.  I know from personal experience, believe me.  Just hang in there and do one day at a time, or even one hour if that seems too much.  You'll get there!!  I'm rooting for you.[img onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif" align=absMiddle]
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I like this site to remind me of what is positive around me.  
http://wonderofitall.com/

P.C.

Oh purelife.....I love that.  I have saved that to my favourites from the last time you posted it.  It is worth visiting time and again.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

greycat

I absolutely LOVE that signature Purelife! That is awesome...and inspiring.
It is what it is.

purelife

And here's another one that I love as well, if you haven't seen it yet, P.C.

http://thegoodnessoflife.com/

49er

[DIV align=left]here's something positive..........[/DIV][DIV align=center] [/DIV][DIV align=center]Empty Mayonnaise jar & 2 cups of coffee[/DIV][FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000]
[/DIV][/FONT][BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(16,16,255) 2px solid"][UL dir=ltr][FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][/FONT][UL dir=ltr][FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][/FONT][P dir=ltr][SPAN lang=en-us][FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][FONT face="Lucida Handwriting"]When things in your lives seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 cups of coffee.[/FONT][FONT face=Arial] [/FONT][/FONT][/SPAN]

[FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][/FONT][P dir=ltr][SPAN lang=en-us][FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][FONT face="Lucida Handwriting"]A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.[/FONT][FONT face=Arial] [/FONT][/FONT][/SPAN]

[FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][/FONT][P dir=ltr][SPAN lang=en-us][FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][FONT face="Lucida Handwriting"]The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.[/FONT][FONT face=Arial] [/FONT][/FONT][/SPAN]

[FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][/FONT][P dir=ltr][SPAN lang=en-us][FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][FONT face="Lucida Handwriting"]The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with an unanimous "yes."[/FONT][FONT face=Arial] [/FONT][/FONT][/SPAN]

[FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][/FONT][P dir=ltr][SPAN lang=en-us][FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][FONT face="Lucida Handwriting"]The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.[/FONT][FONT face=Arial] [/FONT][/FONT][/SPAN]

[FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][/FONT][P dir=ltr][SPAN lang=en-us][FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][FONT face="Lucida Handwriting"]"Now," said the professor as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things--your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions---and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.[/FONT][FONT face=Arial] [/FONT][/FONT][/SPAN]

[FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][/FONT][P dir=ltr][SPAN lang=en-us][FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][FONT face="Lucida Handwriting"]The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car.[/FONT][FONT face=Arial] [/FONT][/FONT][/SPAN]

[FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][/FONT][P dir=ltr][SPAN lang=en-us][FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][FONT face="Lucida Handwriting"]The sand is everything else---the small stuff. "If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.[/FONT][FONT face="Lucida Handwriting"][/FONT] [/FONT][/SPAN]

[FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][/FONT][P dir=ltr][SPAN lang=en-us][FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][FONT face="Lucida Handwriting"]"Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first---the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."[/FONT][FONT face=Arial] [/FONT][/FONT][/SPAN]

[FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][/FONT][P dir=ltr][SPAN lang=en-us][FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][FONT face="Lucida Handwriting"]One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked.[/FONT][FONT face=Arial] [/FONT][/FONT][/SPAN]

[FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][/FONT][P dir=ltr][SPAN lang=en-us][FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][FONT face="Lucida Handwriting"]It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."[/FONT][FONT face="Lucida Handwriting" color=#ff0000][/FONT] [/FONT][/SPAN]

[FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][/FONT][P dir=ltr][SPAN lang=en-us][FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"][/FONT][/FONT][/SPAN][FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000][/FONT]

[/UL][/UL][/BLOCKQUOTE]

P.C.

OMG.....49er....that ANOTHER one in my good stuff folder.

(purelife, haven't had a look at your new one yet....saving it for bedtime)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Future Canadian

What a great thread, and thank you 49er for posting that.[/DIV]I'm stoked because I have a new job that I actually like and can learn and grow in. I've got a new computer (a real one not a crappy Mac one step behind the times) and a DSL (first home internet ever-YAY!).And I'm always stoked because I have an awesome wife, two healthy wonderful kids, and a house full of a million books, puzzles, games, projects. Wow...
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Legion

Well we all shine on. Like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.
- John Lennon

Every man and every woman is a star.
- Aleister Crowley
curses!

purelife

Those are excellent quotes, Legion.  For those, you deserve a blessing.  :)

I have yet to read 49er's post.