Hockey Questions

Started by Lise, Apr 21 06 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

I admit... I don't know much about hockey but can anyone help me out here?

a) Did BC ever won the Stanley Cup? If so, what year?

b) I know the Stanley Cup has never made it back to Canada (the Oilers came close but no dice)... when was the last time it was here in Canada?

c) There's a movie out there based on Maurice the Rocket.  Is he considered the greatest hockey player or has Wayne Gretzsky (spelling?) the greatest?

d) Did the Canucks make the playoff? OK, I haven't watch any Sports news lately but judging from the lack of Canucks coverage in the newspaper, I take it that's a big fat NO?

Thanks in advance.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

vancouver millionaires won the stanley cup in umm...1915.

the last canadian team to win the cup was the montreal canadians in 93. of course in 94, the canucks came one game short. and if you mean if the stanley cup every visits canada, yes, the last year before the lockout, calgary made it to the finals, one game short of winning.

i would consider gretzky the greatest. i think it would depend on your generation. alot of people think bobby orr was the best. mario lemieux would get lots of votes as well. i dont know if the rocket would get alot of votes on this one.

NO playoffs for the canucks. sadly, i went to two games this year spending my hard earned money, but atleast i didnt get season tickets.

Sportsdude

Lise wrote:
 I admit... I don't know much about hockey but can anyone help me out here?

a) Did BC ever won the Stanley Cup? If so, what year?

b) I know the Stanley Cup has never made it back to Canada (the Oilers came close but no dice)... when was the last time it was here in Canada?

c) There's a movie out there based on Maurice the Rocket.  Is he considered the greatest hockey player or has Wayne Gretzsky (spelling?) the greatest?

d) Did the Canucks make the playoff? OK, I haven't watch any Sports news lately but judging from the lack of Canucks coverage in the newspaper, I take it that's a big fat NO?

Thanks in advance.[/DIV]
 A) Not in the modern era.

B) The Habs won it.

C) the Rocket Richard is the bomb. But it goes in generations really. Old timers would say its either him or bobby orr or gordie howe. Younger folk would say its a toss up between the great one and Lemieux. (I like Mario personally, numbers he put up in that short of time was amazing considering he was injured for half of his career.)

D) No the CANNOTS did not make the playoffs, couldn't beat the worst team in the league the st. louis blues this year. (must give credit to a DVer who came up with the cannots, pretty catchy)

But if your rooting for Canadian teams the Flames, Oilers, Senators and Canadiens are all in the playoffs. Wouldn't be suprised if there was a Senators-Flames Stanely Cup finals.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

CK

Calgary City Hall

[A href="http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=w6vcjk"][img alt="Image hosting by TinyPic" src="http://tinypic.com/w6vcjd.jpg" border=0][/A]  

Marik

Mario gets my vote as well.  I don't like Gretzky.

CK

Like him or not, he was a pretty amazing player.^

I think the top 5 of all time are:

Mario Lemieux (agreed, the true KING!!)

Gretzky

Orr

Howe

Maurice Richard

Then after these five, there is a lot of debate about who would be next. Well, to me, there are too many to choose from,

Doug Harvey

Terry Sawchuck

Jean beliveau

Bobby Hull

Eddie Shore

Guy Lafleur

Phil Esposito

Lise

Domo-arigato, guys!!! I'll be rooting for all those Canadian teams that manage to make it into the play-offs!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

so far so good, except if your a oilers fan.

Calgary won

Ottawa won in a blow out

And Montreal won in a blow out.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."