Miroslav Tichý's home made camera

Started by TehBorken, Apr 21 06 03:39

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

The [a href="http://www.michaelhoppengallery.com/artists/tichy/index.htm"]Micheal Hoppen Gallery in London[/a] is holding an exhibition of Czech photographer / artist Miroslav Tichý, displaying some of his hand-developed prints. His photographs were shot on his home-made camera (below), which in itself is a work of art.

Tichý wandered his small town in rags, pursuing his obsession as an artist with the female form by photographing in the streets, shops and parks with cameras he made from tin cans, childrens spectacle lenses and other junk he found on the street. He would return home each day to make prints on equally primitive equipment, making only one print from the negatives he selected.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

It's hard to believe that such a ragged thing like that could take pictures.  I wish they had put a couple of samples of his work on the site.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

news hound

there's a small "image gallery" link on the bottom of the article, kitten. i'm surprised by the quality considering the condition of the camera.

kitten

Thank you so much for pointing that out, news hound.  You're so right.  That is amazing  I'm still surprised that he could take pictures with it, and the quality is startling.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.