Worst Mods Ever

Started by DV Mods, Feb 13 06 01:25

Previous topic - Next topic

tenkani

On DV the IPs are private, in that only mods can see them. If you're waiting for IPs to be invisible to the mods...good luck with that. The mods need to see the IPs so that they can send ban requests to the tech people.

I don't think a DV mod has ever intentionally revealed an IP address, but I could be wrong. I remember one time it happened, but I think the mod had copied and pasted someone's post, and because they were in mod view it also pasted the person's IP.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

P.C.

tenkani, How much information can a person get from an IP ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

tenkani

Assuming the person being tracked is not being sneaky and using a proxy, you can tell who their ISP is at the very least. And if you know their ISP, and you know their IP, you can, assuming the poster breaks a law or whatever, contact the ISP and tell them that "whoever was using this IP addy at this time did X". Then, if the ISP decides to cooperate, the poster might actually get spanked.

Sometimes you can tell more than just who the ISP is. I logged onto Lady Jing's Web site and she was able to track me to within about 20 miles of my RL location, which is pretty damn good.

Sportsdude

Then a Mod keeps outing me. Because I killed of my screen name as somebody from the lunch crew suggested so I came up with a differnt one. So some DV mod outed me.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Most of this is Greek to me, but I'm relatively certain you can't be banned just by your screen name.

Sportsdude

No they outed me and told everybody i was sportsdude.

P.C.

Ohhhh, I see what you're saying.  Are you sure that's what happened, or do you think it's possible someone just picked up on your 'style', and bluffed ?

Sportsdude

I was talking in broken sentences how could they pick that up.

tenkani

Well, I guess for some reason a mod at DV has it in for you. Any idea why?

If I was a mod, I wouldn't out someone like that unless they had already been banned and refused to leave, or were posting on the same thread using multiple handles in an annoying manner.

Sportsdude

I think its because everyone hates me over there. And it hurts me physically when they talk to me like that.  When I was outed today I was starting to have convulsions and mentally got out the gun in my head again. I was on the floor shaking and screaming. I was being tortured all over again. I wish they could see what a couple words can do to me, its not pretty.

tenkani

"I think its because everyone hates me over there. And it hurts me physically when they talk to me like that." We love you here. Don't go back to DV if it makes you unhappy.

Sportsdude

Thanks Tenkani!

Going over to DV is like North Korea now for me.

P.C.

Sportsdude....you absolutely mustn't go back there if it makes you feel like that.  It isn't worth THAT.

Admin

[em]"I think its because everyone hates me over there. And it hurts me physically when they talk to me like that."[/em]

Then to hell with those asswipes. Let 'em stew in their own juices if that's the way they behave.

PS: Have some Karma!
I don't live on the edge, but sometimes I go there to visit.

Sportsdude

I know I shouldn't but I can't help it. And everytime I get exposed I get further side tracked and the future becomes unclear.

|