Worst Mods Ever

Started by DV Mods, Feb 13 06 01:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr F33LGOOD

Quote from: Sportsdude on Feb 13 06 05:28I think its because everyone hates me over there. And it hurts me physically when they talk to me like that.  When I was outed today I was starting to have convulsions and mentally got out the gun in my head again. I was on the floor shaking and screaming. I was being tortured all over again. I wish they could see what a couple words can do to me, its not pretty.[/DIV]
ROFL!

Sorry Sportsdude, but I don't buy that for a minute. Maybe you have Epilepsy or something? And then on top of that, you just keep going back for more, huh? Smart move... Only you have the power to affect your feelings. Seriously. The trolls aren't that powerful. You can choose to let it affect you or you can choose to ignore it. It's that simple - it's your choice. Are you currently in therapy? Because I think that could go a long way in helping you. Sounds like you had a pretty f*cked up childhood and this is the source of your problems...not some internet MB. Getting yourself on some meds probably isn't a bad idea either... I think you need some help...and this has nothing to do with DV, and everything to do with your childhood and your life. I simply don't buy your story that a few words over the internet affected you like that. In the meantime, get yourself some therapy and stay away from DV. Honestly man...wtf.  

TehBorken

Only you have the power to affect your feelings.

You know, I used to believe this too, but frankly it's a load of self-serving crap. Other people CAN screw with your feelings. Yes, a Zen Master may be able to rise above it all but for those of us who live in the real world it means that what other people do and say does indeed affect us.

Remember your oh-so-cool attitude the next time someone says or does something hurtful and you get bent out of shape. Then come back here and we'll be more than glad to remind you that "you're the master of your feelings".
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

So true Teh Borken.....SO true.  Sometimes I even surprise myself at the things that will hurt my feelings.....and I like to think I have a pretty good perspective on that line of thinking.  In a perfect world, we could all rise above the nastiness, and get on with it, but we all face these issues from different perspectives and backgrounds.  When some peoples soul purpose is to try and be clever and witty, when in fact all they put forth is mean spiritedness and cruelty, who is it that really needs help??
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Its not BS and I have been taking medication and meds for 10 years.  The problem is the word the use upsets me so much I go nuts thinking my life is over and I'm a criminal. I'm not, it was an accident and the people over there are vicious and never realise people make mistakes.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Listen hun.......don't give that whole mess a second thought.  It's so not worth it.  Some people enjoy finding a 'soft spot' and 'going for it'.  Try really hard to realize that these are the people in the world that should NOT be defining your life.     You need to 'switch channels' immediately when you see that kind of stuff.  It won' help you , and it won't hurt you....if you don't let it.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d038.gif" border=0]

Sportsdude

then how do I stop it?

P.C.

Oh boy sportsdude, I wish I knew that.

Journaling helps.  I think you should keep a note book by your bed....and just before you roll over in your favourite comfort mode before sleep.....you should write down a few positive thoughts about yourself, and how they affected your day.  From smiling at somebody for no reason, or holding the door for someone, or giving someone directions......(you get my drift)   NO NEGATIVES allowed in this book.  Don't elaborate on things like....the person you smiled at (possible negative response )  because you have no control over that....you only have control over your own actions and reactions. For some reason, putting these things down in black and white, somehow validates them.  Try it for a week or two....what have you got to lose.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a015.gif" border=0]

Sportsdude

thanks. I'm going to bed now got to get up to watch the canadian women's hockey game tomorrow.

TehBorken

Hmmm, you know, if someone here wanted a private spot to discuss stuff safely, that can be arranged. I think it'd be no problem to set up a very private, "members-only" board here.

I do it for some  folks with some special needs on a couple of other sites I run and it could certainly be done here if anyone wants it. Just a thought.

P.C.

That might make it more comfortable  Teh Borken.  What a great thought.

tenkani

Sometimes, when we think deep down that we don't deserve to be happy we will seek out people that hurt us because, in a twisted way, it feels "right" when we're being abused.

Words DO have incredible power. In some ways we are little more than incredibly complex computers, filled with programming we aren't even ourselves aware of, but can rise to the surface unexpectedly because of a few harsh words.

That said, we can take control of our lives by refusing to associate with people that use words to harm and manipulate. Until you can learn to become the "Zen master" and maintain perfect internal control, you can work on controlling the outside world and your place in it. Good luck, buddy.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

P.C.

Sometimes, when we think deep down that we don't deserve to be happy we will seek out people that hurt us because, in a twisted way, it feels "right" when we're being abused.[/DIV] [/DIV] That is SO TRUE.  It also works in reverse.  Not only will we 'seek out people that hurt us'  I think we are vulnerable to those people because they too are seeking out what fills their void.  So the hunter and the hunted almost gravitate to each other 'naturally'.

TehBorken

Sometimes, when we think deep down that we don't deserve to be happy wewill seek out people that hurt us because, in a twisted way, it feels"right" when we're being abused.

That's my life in 35 words or less.

Legion

Okay. So you've let the cat out of the bag and now you've got to weather the storm.

Don't panic. This is all part of the making of an internet champ, champ.

Ifall else fails you can deny ever admitting anything and let someoneelse take the blame.

Someone vague, and nefarious, and off in theshadows...
curses!

Vivek Golikeri

My beef is against mods who criticize you for bumping old threads. What is wrong with doing that? Actually, I think it's a good idea to recycle old debates. It's like revision in a classroom. Old issues can now be handled in a new light due to changes and experiences since they were last visited.

|