Worst Mods Ever

Started by DV Mods, Feb 13 06 01:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Neat.  I made it on the worst ever mods list.  

That deserves some Karma. Enjoy!
I don't live on the edge, but sometimes I go there to visit.

purelife

hee hee...Thanks Admin.  It's a damn difficult job to make it on that list.    

Admin

how do people learn people's ip adress's. I thought it was private and that nobody else knows it.

For a message board, it depends on what capability is built into it, and how much the admins/mods are permitted to see. Some display IP info publicly but most hide it as it's considered to be "Personally Identifiable Information" (and as such should be shielded from casual view).

Your IPs are hidden here except to mods and admins. As a site operator I don't release Personally Identifiable Information without a valid court order: [a href="http://www.discoverseattle.net/w3c/privacy.php"]DS Privacy Policy[/a].

I don't live on the edge, but sometimes I go there to visit.

purelife

I wished that DV had a site policy... It would make our lives sooo much easier.  *sigh*

kits

registration would have helped eliminate the problems at DV.

By the way Purelife, I thought you were a fine mod!
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Witch

kits:

Purelife was a fine mod.

The only people complaining about having been moderated are the whiney losers who labour under the false impression that "freedom of speech" laws apply in a private message board.

"But it's not faaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrr!" is a common complaint heard in kndergarten classes, and message boards.  DV Modswhiner; Suck it up, princess. Don't be an ass and you won't get moderated. Tell it to the judge, if you really want to get laughed at. I'm sure your attorney will appreciate all the money you end up paying him for no work.

DV Mods

Okay, it figures that you all would hang onto the least important and most baseless part of my post and ignore the overall message. Nobody is suing anybody. That was a joke. I don't know Geoken or care to get to know him. "We" are not suing anybody because "we" can't. That is obvious.

However, the fact remains that you guys are shitty mods. You want solutions PC? Is it not obvious? The idiot mods need to start moderating with some damn consistency for one. You need to start banning trolls. Maybe you need a sticky thread with some damn rules&regulations? Why do you guys continue to let Kitten2006 continue "her" charade over there? We all know she's a troll. You let that Chinese idiot post that damn test every single day with no consequences. Why hasn't he been banned? And that other Chinese idiot who does nothing but post Chinese military pictures and tell us how he wants to nuke BC. I wonder why these two haven't been banned? Hmmmmmmm.....And Euro Dude, Panhof, LAP, or whoever is impersonating them...What are you doing about those people? Then you randomly delete things that shouldn't be deleted and turn the other cheek when it's convenient for you to do so. It's bullshit...

Bottom line...You guys allow for this completely chaotic environment to thrive and then you do absolutely nothing (most of the time) and turn around and proclaim that it's all the trolls fault. WTF is that? As long as the "inner circle" is able to yak it up in the lunch thread in peace...who gives a shit right?  It's time you guys were held accountable as well. It's your job to MODERATE the forum and you're clearly not doing a very good job of it. The current state of DV can be placed squarely on the shoulders of the mods.  DV mods = bushleague  

P.C.

So, are you suggesting they should just ban anything that is offensive to THEM.  What one finds offensive may not be to someone else.  Wouldn't THAT open up a whole new can of worms.

Those things you suggested aren't solutions.  Ban their IP from one address, means they can't wreak the same havoc from somewhere else.  You're not thinking this through very clearly.  I can understand being choked about some of the crap going on, but are you sure you're blaming the right people ???? THINK about what you're saying.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

First off, DV Mods, I want to make it very clear that moderators HAVE NO POWER TO BAN.   That would be up to the Admins of the site.  Believe me, I would love to [beep] ban trolls on the spot.  We can only submit ips but THAT'S IT!  

*sigh*

tenkani

Saying that all the problems at DV come down to ineffective moderation is like saying the Crime in East L.A. is due to police ineptitude. Trolls are creating the havoc at DV. Whether the mods could do a better job of smashing trolls is a completely different issue.

And to ask why Roger/Chinese Canadian/Erik and the rest haven't been banned...Ok, I'm going to say this very slowly for those who haven't been following the war...when an experienced troll who knows how to change IPs and use proxies will not leave you have 2 choices: ban an entire range of IPs in the hopes of crimping their style or hand delete each of their posts, providing there's a mod online at the time.

Either choice leads to whiney, ignorant little twats like you sounding off about either getting unintentionally banned or having to read troll filth when no mods are around. The bottom line is that the massive number of trolls at DV has made it a hell hole. The mods don't even want to visit, because all intelligent conversation has evaporated in the last couple of months. Who wants to be a baby sitter for no pay?? Would YOU like to moderate that shitstorm?? It's always the ignorant motherf*ckers who come up with the "simple solutions" to complex problems. The only solution to the troll problem at DV is war, and it's a war that in the long term in unwinnable. The trolls have a lot more free time, numbers and interest in DV than the mods do at this point. Game over, man. Game over.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

purelife

Well-written tenkani.  That deserves a blessing.

P.C.

I'm with you purelife....guzundheit, tenkani.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kevlar

The thing that gets me is that the only 2 whiners here are the only 2 signed on as guests. If your going to take a stand then don't hide behind a mask. All I see is a typical troll that migrated from DV to DS.. Same shite, different flag.

tenkani

If I was a troll I'd stay at DV.[/DIV]It's a playground for their kind.But maybe it's more fun to troll where you aren't wanted LOL.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

Trolls get instant gratification on DV here it could take days. (UK Basketball Fan comes to mind?)

Anyway I guess I can't get on DV until you make IP's private and not public because the instant I say something...
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|