Censorship alive and well : Orwell's 1984

Started by Jolly Green Giant, Apr 19 06 09:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Green Giant

Did any of you read some threads on the Discovervancouver forum about Isaac Hayes' leaving South Park comedy, a few weeks ago ?

I commented on it. Since that time I am unable to post anything on that forum, even if I use another nicki. They apparently blocked not only my nick or the IP I posted from (I post from several IPs as I use public pc's in cybershops) but all IP's from the same ISP - and not only that: even if I try posting from another city with presumably another ISP, it's blocked as well !

So it's fairly clear. I cannot post on Discouvervancouver anymore because I criticized Hayes' double standards attitude.

What do you think of that ?

TehBorken

Jolly Green Giant wrote:[br style="text-decoration: underline; font-style: italic;"]So it's fairly clear. I cannot post on Discouvervancouver anymore because I criticized Hayes' double standards attitude.
What do you think of that ?

It may not be because of that- a lot of people have had their IPs banned more or less by accident or as collateral damage. But who knows, they may indeed be trying to screen out any 'disharmonious thoughts'...I don't know.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

weird al

Yeah, I don't think it's anything personal. I tried to post there last week, and found that I couldn't. It had been about a month since I'd posted anything, and there was nothing offensive about anything I'd said. Unless maybe they didn't like one of my pseudonyms.

Lise

Folks, no IP Addresses have been put up for banning lately. The only ones I've submitted have been spammers.

If you still want to return to DV, pls send me a message via DS and tell me your handler name. I'll look into it and get your IP Addresses ban.

Apologies to those who may have been accidentally banned.

Lise
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Jolly Green Giant

TehBorken wrote: Jolly Green Giant wrote:So it\'s fairly clear. I cannot post on Discouvervancouver anymore because I criticized Hayes\' double standards attitude.What do you think of that ?It may not be because of that- a lot of people have had their IPs banned more or less by accident or as collateral damage. But who knows, they may indeed be trying to screen out any \'disharmonious thoughts\'...I don\'t know.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I understand from another post you are the Admin.So why is it according to you ?And how can people have their IPs banned \"more or less by accident\" ?I\'d rather go along with the screening out of independent thoughts idea.

tenkani

LOL!

What?? You're implying that DV is controlled by Scientology?? Dude, if that was even remotely true, I know of one long-lived thread that would have been whacked months ago    

The 1984 reference is used far too often IMO. You make the Orwell cry.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lise

'disharmonious thoughts'.

Wow. Now I've heard everything. No, we don't simply ban ppl just because we feel like it. You have to be the Surpreme Idiot of all the Universe to get to the banning wagons. The mods are tolerable there.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

Lise

MOST OF THEM.

I am quite partial to bribery................................
Bill Cosby.

Chicklet

Now, now dearest brother.  Don't be so cyrptic.  Of whom do you speak?
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

tenkani

Mods are human beings.

In every group of human beings you will find a few (or not so few) specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.

Lise

Dang. That almost sound as if tenkani is spanking the moderators!
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

LOL. Just one in particular.

Ok, maybe two    

Chicklet

'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

Lise

In that case, I think I better haul my ass out of tenkani's way. His wit is too sharp for mua.

Come back to DV when you can, amigo. You are much missed there. You still made the DV hottest men list even long after you're gone.

[A href="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=80771"]http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=80771[/A]  
Bill Cosby.